Johns Hopkins University uses CLC as its primary licensing agent. CLC:
- facilitates the licensing process for licensees;
- executes licensing agreements;
- markets the university brand to potential manufacturers;
- monitors the marketplace for unlicensed use of trademarks;
- Collects royalties, and
- Conducts compliance review audits of licensed manufacturers.
To produce products bearing the marks of Johns Hopkins University, manufacturers and vendors must be a licensee of the university. To get started, click on the link below to download an application packet. The application contains instructions on how to complete the application phase of licensing as well as information that licensees will need to retain throughout the course of the licensing process. All licensees are required to remit royalty reports and payments on a quarterly basis to CLC, who collects these payments on behalf of Johns Hopkins University. Johns Hopkins University has established a royalty rate of 10% of the wholesale price of an individual product. Information on the services CLC provides, including a copy of an application and license agreement, can be found at clc.com.